Monday, March 19, 2007

Go with the 'Flow'

I really didn't have time. Deadlines were killing me, but there was this interesting concept for a game called 'Flow'.

Biologists will love this. The scene is a view of a petri dish through a microscope. You are an organism that must evolve. You start as a schematic of a little worm like amoeba. Then through eating other little amoeba you grow and also create your own siblings (that you will probably eat later). At the end of the level is the evolving gene. Once you eat this organism and get it's gene you evolve to the next species. Cool!

After playing for a while I felt so focussed and got heaps done (till 4am!). I recommend you download the full version and play it out of the browser.
For a more relaxing space, this game is like a meditation. It also has a more attainable goal. It's one of those seriously simple games. The simplicity is brilliant. The music is nice (all very New Age). this is a great example of a way to promote music and interactive art. Now for something completely different. Here is a crazy interactive animation with a strange lateral sense of humour. What does it all mean? Feel free to leave a message.

I have been producing the Overclockers Australia podcast and have written the theme song. So I am interested in the use of music in podcasts. the laws in the US have just got serious about music copyright in podcasts. There is an interesting chat about music in podcasts on the TWIT podcast here is a link to the MP3

GEEK WARNING! this is seriously a elite geek podcast. Only the tech savvy should check it out, otherwise you may go into a coma of tech boredom and feel a need to play football and get drunk with ya mates.


I have heaps of new mixes for Halogen, Pablo in Buenos Aires and Balvinder Singh and I (check links on the right). But I am a notorious perfectionist. I promise to put up a mix for the next blog entry. There! I set myself a deadline. There is also a cool new album cover for The Resonance by a photograper in Taipei (Ooh, global).

No comments: